Buddy Band Challenge
Friendship bands (or bracelets) are a great way to keep your friends close even when you’re far apart (like at camp!). Make one for your pal so they can think of your awesome friendship when they miss you. Who knows? They might even do the same for you!
Upcycled BFF Band:
If you completed the Super Camper Upcycling Badge, you probably already know how to turn trash into pure treasure. This next buddy band makes great use of an item that would usually be trashed after being used—a popsicle stick! That’s a bonkers bonus for your buddy and the planet!
Bonkers tip: Larger craft popsicle sticks work better than regular popsicle sticks.
- Ask a parent to boil some water in a pot.
- Once boiled, ask them to take the pot off the burner, and soak a clean popsicle stick in the hot water for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, ask your parent to carefully take the stick out of the water.
- When it’s not too hot, pick up the stick and bend it gently into a circle. Place the curved stick into a drinking glass to help hold its shape.
- Leave the stick in the glass for 12 hours or overnight.
- BAM! Your band is ready to be personalized.
Here are some decorating ideas for your cool new band!
- Use colourful washi tape to create a cool design.
- Wrap bright thread or string around the band. Tie knots to keep the string in place.
- Use markers to decorate the band and personalize it with your pal’s name.