Family Cookoff Challenge
Okay Camper, time to start up’ing the flavour game now. This challenge is about bringing all those lessons around flavours, textures and your sense to life in one SUPPER challenge. It’s time to plan and cook a meal for your family with the help of an adult. Think big, bold and BONKERS. Think about how the flavours can work together. Think about texture in the mouth and on the hands. Complete this challenge, and consider yourself the ultimate cook! Ready, set, go
- Plan the most bonkerific meal with your family. Everyone should help plan! Go online, look at recipe books, or old family recipes for inspiration and always think about flavours and senses.
- Now, bonkerize each course! For instance, if you’re making lasagna, you could replace the ground meat with roasted hot dog. Mmm … just like at camp.. er, maybe not! You get the idea. The idea is to shake up your taste buds by adding unexpected ingredients that have different textures, taste, and feel than what you’re used to!
- Make a shopping list and head to the store with an adult. When you get home, assign everyone to a task. An adult to handle the stove/oven, another person does food prep (washing and peeling), and another adult chops!
- Remember to clean as you go—it makes cooking a lot easier when dirty cutting boards aren’t in the way.
- Then when everything is ready, feast on your accomplishment! As you chow down, take note of the recipes you’d make again (or wouldn’t). Bon appétit!