From Yard Sale to Camp Challenge
Go through your home with your family and look for items you no longer need. Don’t forget your pets! Did Fluffy outgrow his collar? Put it in the pile! Then, sit down with your family to plan your sale.
- Make signs to advertise in the neighbourhood—fellow upcyclers will want to know! Upcycle old cardboard into colourful signs by painting them bright colours.
- Then write down all of the information about the sale onto the sign (e.g. date, time, location, and items customers will find there). Make your sign stand out by gluing on shiny items, like bottle caps!
- Decide with your fam how you’d like to price items.
- Assign tasks to each family member on the day of the sale: someone to handle the money box (an upcycled shoebox works great!), sales people (answering questions and welcoming customers), and another person to hold up a sign.
- Remember to sell, sell, sell!
- Use the money to put towards the most bonkerific camping trip with your family!